Friday, January 22, 2010

Badger Creek


This is the group of boys that I spend every day with. L to R is Andrew, Me, Ryan, Devin, and David. You will see them in a lot of the pictures.

This is a pole that we had to climb. We had to stand on the top of it and jump off. I was the first one to go and we forgot to take a picture. As I was climbing though it was snowing and the pole was shaking. It was really hard because you had nothing to hold onto to help you stand up on it.

One night for dinner we had tinfoil dinners and made a really warm fire. This was perfect because it was freezing outside.

We were the lucky group that got to stay in cabins. This is the boys cabin but mine looked the same. It had lights and two heaters in it so I was so thankful I didn't have to sleep in a tent like all the others did.

This was the Prison Wall that we had to get everyone over.

At the spider web we all started out on one side and had
to go through the holes in the web without touching the
web. If we touched the web we then
could not go through that hole.
Basically the boys just picked me up and passed
me through a little hole at the top and I was done.

This was the Giant Swing we were pulled up and then
had to let go and we swung back and forth.



We made this dog sled just from wood and used it to carry our stuff to our cabins.

It was really fun trip to be able to get away from school for a couple of days. It was also interesting to be with so many boys. You learn so many new and fun things when you are around people for 72 hours

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like it was so much fun. Plus being with all those guys isn't that bad either. ;)

Jewel said...

Hay. . . you survived. I'm so glad that you are DARING. . . .because some of that stuff looks SCARY. I'm proud of you for showing the guys how it is done. Thanks for sharing the warm fire, that made it a little warmer. It's always interesting when you spend a little time with people, you really learn a lot about them but also about yourself. . . . GIRLS ROCK. You did it.

Brenda said...

That looks terrifying! I'm glad you survived! Maybe they made you go on this adventure to show you that if you can make it through that trip you can make it through the semester!

Margie and Andrew said...

It was a blast. Elaine, you are quite the trooper. Way to make it up the pole. You remain my hero!!
-Andrew

Suzette said...

Holy Cow you are amazing. Badger Creek looks likes a lot of fun, I actually remember going there with Val when we were in school for AFY and the worst part for me was that pole climbing cause like you said it shakes. How did you get so lucky to sleep in a cabin? Good luck on your project this semester and thanks for sharing the pictures of your adeventures. Love ya