After having my ulcer in June I thought this would be the end of my eye problems. Well it was not. I went back into the Eye doctor August 11th and he said no more contacts. I thought this would be for a few weeks...but he said probably no more contacts FOREVER! I got him to let me wear contacts for Brenda's wedding but that was it. Since then I have been in glasses. I woke up the morning of the 26th and couldn't open my left eye. This has only been a problem in my left eye my right is just fine. This happened to be a Thursday and my doctor doesn't work on Thursdays, so I had to go to a new doctor. He told me I had an infection all over my eye and then I was having problems in my retina. This also was causing my eye to be super sensitive to light. I have to put eye drops in 16 times a day. Currently I am taking Vigamox and a steroid called Durezol. If you have ever had Vigamox you know that it leaves the worst after taste in your mouth once you put it in your eye. The Durezol aftertaste is WORSE! I think that is the worst part of taking the eye drops. These are all they prescriptions I have been on in the past 2 months.

With all this going on I am also moving back to school in 6 days! I am hoping all this gets better before I leave. I can't even imagine having these eye problems while I go to school. Besides my eye problems I have not worn glasses since I was 11 years old! I started Kindergarten with glasses and I thought 6 years of glasses were enough and I was so happy when I got contacts! I am now going to my Junior year of College with glasses. This will be an adjustment. I am starting to remember all the things I don't like about glasses.
-You have to take your glasses off when you get in the water and have to go blind. (My dad wont even let me go boating one more time before school starts because he doesn't want my eye to get worse from lake water)
-When you go from the cold outside to the warm inside you glasses fog up.
-When you open the oven your glasses fog up.
-It is just a pain running with glasses.
-Glasses leave little imprints on the side of your nose.
-You get really cool looking tan lines on your face.

This is my 6th grade picture. The last time in my life I had to wear glasses everyday.
4 comments:
Darn, Elaine, that is so frustrating! We'll be praying for ya. I hope your eye gets better. But, look at the bright side. Glasses have gotten much more stylish since we were little kids. I remember I had the ugliest glasses in elementary school and I was so excited to get contacts in 7th grade. But there are some really cute ones now! So hopefully you can pick out some really fun ones. And with your cute new haircut you'll be lookin' gooood!
I remember putting in eye drops when I had my infection. It was no fun! Just be patient. It took my infection over a year to finally get better. I'm hoping yours doesn't take that long to heal though. Just know that your not the only one that has gone through this. I know it's hard and I think and pray for you everyday.
Plus, there are so many stylish and cute glasses now. I think you should get a few pairs to match your favorite outfits. You always look beautiful glasses or not. :)
WHO is that lovely girl? I remember those CUTE smiles and glasses. O.K. so your new challenge is a BIG OUCH. I'm sorry you have to deal with this and try to finish school too. Don't forget that social life as well. I can't believe all that is happening at once for you. I was thinking maybe you could wear that "mask" thing with a funny nose that you got one Halloween at least to smile occasionally about all of this. A year is a LLLLLOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGG time when you are w a i t i n g! I hope it goes by SOOOOOOOO FAST. You are in our prayers and we hope you feel our love. Good Luck with your move to IDAHO. We will be watching the blog for all the updates!
16 eye drops everyday WOW! We are praying for you and hope that this eye infection will not last forever. But like everyone else has said go get some really cool glasses. Hit the two for one sales and pick out a pair of glasses to match several outfits :)
Good luck with school We love you
Post a Comment