From this visit I know have to take a steroid eye drop ever 30 minutes. I have to dialate my eyes myself 3 times a day and I have to take an antibiotic 3 times a day. This has now made it up to over 30 eye drops a day! I am really feeling for Bruce when he was sick with his eye. My doctor said I don't have to wake up every 30 minutes at night to take the eye drops because with school he knows I can't do that. Right now I feel like the eye drops are running my life. You never realize how fast 30 minutes is until you have to watch the clock all the time. I also have to go back into the eye doctor tomorrow and on Monday just to make sure that everything is ok and getting better. I am thankful I could find an eye doctor close to me but I'm a little worried about the next few weeks. I want this to go away and know I should get blood test done but I'm not excited for that.
Saturday, October 9, 2010
Maybe one day my eye will finally be better!
Well I thought that everything was better with my eye...but I guess it wasn't. This past week when I got back from Utah my left eye started to hurt again. I just tried to put a few eye drops in it that I had left over from the last time my eye had an infection. Yesterday morning it felt worse and I figured I probably need to find an eye doctor up in Rexburg. Since with school I can't go back to Utah all the time. I was able to find one within walking distance that I think takes my dad's insurance. I called them Friday to see when the soonest I could get in was. They said Wednesday and I new that I needed to go in sooner. I told them about my history and they were able to get me in today at 8:30. I think this was the longest eye appointment I have ever had it almost lasted two hours. I was very thankful that my roommate Jenny walked there with me and studied while I was talking with the doctor. It was nice just to know she was there. The doctor said he isn't sure what is causing all the infections and inflammations in my eye. He is not sure if my eye healed 100% from the last time I had this back in Aug-Sept and so it has just started again because it never was all gone. Or he is not sure if something else is causing me to have problems. He told me that I need to get my eye to start feeling better and then go get some blood test done to make sure there is not something wrong with my body that is causing this to happen in my eye. As you can imagine I'm not too excited about getting blood work done. I have never had any before and I doubt I will overcome my fear of doctors, needles, and blood in a week. Today was already hard enough at the eye doctor I don't know how I'm going to make it through the doctor visit. My eye doctor tried to dialate my eyes today and since there was so much inflammation he had to try three times and then they finally started to dialate a little. He also tried to take my eye pressure and I couldn't keep my eye open enough or hold still for him to do it so he ended up numbing my eye and getting some sort of device that he had to actually touch to my eye so that he could get my eye pressure. This didn't work very well either as I clenched the arms of the chair and he tried to pin my head back and my eye open. Lets just say it wasn't a fun positive experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh Elaine! I wish I could have been there holding your hand during the appointment. I pray for you everyday and want you to know that I love you.
I'm so sorry that you are still struggling with your eye. I'm glad that you went to an eye doctor up there because you know it's something you can't wait to do. It does remind me so much of the experience Bruce had. Unfortunately he had to be hospitalized for it and I'm so glad you don't have to do that but thirty minutes does come around so quickly. I wish this would go away for you but I am fasting for you today and pray you will have courage and faith to hang in there until you are feeling better. . . .we love you.
Oh no!!!! I'm so sorry sister!! If you need help with anything just give me a call!!
That is such a sad story! I am sorry Elaine! I will be praying for you and your eye! Love ya girl :)
Post a Comment