Friday, October 4, 2013

Country Living

I need to be better and documenting the adventures that I have in Rockland because it is a little different than living in South Jordan.
This summer has been so busy and I can't believe how fast it has gone by. It has been full of fun activities like shopping in Utah for baby things and geeting ready for Kemry to come.

While staying at my Aunt Jewels I heard a little scratch on the window while I was sleeping. It was about 4 in the morning and I was so scared to look and see what it was. I opened the blinds and tried to see what it could be. Looking at the bottom of the window well trying to see something walking back and forth I noticed a raccoon standing on its back legs against the window looking right at me. I was terrified and was so worried that the window was open and he would get in. Thankfully the window was closed after checking and I didn't know what to do. Do you wake people up? Would it be able to jump out? After contemplating for 30 or so minutes I didn't hear any more noises it finally jumped out somehow and I went back to bed. Well tried to get a little sleep hoping it was really gone. Because of this terrifying event that I have shared with family my daughter has a few raccoon toys to play with. I'm sure that is just what a little girl wants, raccoon toys. But I think it will fit in with her living on a farm. So far living in Rockland I have seen lots of animals bats, deer in the backyard, a hawk that was huge on our front porch (we tried to get a picture but were not successful), and a wolf. I have only seen a wolf in the zoo and was not really sure that is what it was, running across the road as I was driving. After describing it to Tim we concluded since it was so big it had to be a wolf.


We have also been able to go to some football games in Rockland. This would be 8 man football though, in a cow pasture since there are not enough people to play 11 man. We have 2 nephews on the team and it is fun to watch them play.


I was so lucky to have two baby showers. A great friend from back home threw me one that was so cute and I had so much fun. She did an amazing job and I was so thankful for her putting it together. I was glad so many people were able to come it was fun catching up with old friends. Plus I finally got a pregnant sisters picture.

My visiting teachers also threw me a shower in Rockland so I could get to know people in the ward and town. It was so nice of them since they don't even know me that well. Now I just need to try and remember names with faces. I'm sure my calling will help as I will be teaching relief society so that will be a great way to get to know people too. When the bishop asked me about the calling he asked when I was due. I told him the end of October he said that would be perfect because the calling is for the second Sunday. I could see him thinking teach in October two weeks later have a baby and then two weeks later teach again. This made me laugh and I said I would accept the calling but not teach in November :-).


It has started to get cold and there is snow in the mountains. It is starting to sink in that the baby really could come at any time. We have waited so long for it to be October and now I can't believe she is almost here. Some days I just want her out of me and other days I want her to stay in because I don't feel ready. I think we have everything we need it is hard though to imagine yourself as a parent taking care of someone else. As we are waiting for her to come we also bought a house and are trying to decide what to do with it inside. The house will be a project and I'll have to post lots of before and after pictures. It is a four bedroom and will be perfect for our little family. Honestly the inside looks a little scarry though so we won't move in until we get the place fixed up.
We are enjoying the moments where it is just the two of us because it won't be that way much longer. On the other hand I can't wait to meet my daughter and see what she looks like and what her personality will be like.

1 comment:

Jewel said...

Love the update.....sweet raccoon experience just added to all the excitement of your life. Praying all goes well with baby Kemry.