Our Christmas was spent in Rockland. Almost all of Tim's siblings were there so it was fun to see everyone. On Christmas Eve each family made a gingerbread house. So by the end of the night there ended up being a gingerbread village. It was fun to see how all of the little kids decorated their houses. Some did have some structure problems but that is what happens when gingerbread is not perfectly straight.
Our house is the red and green house. You can see the front and back.
Tim's dad just built a huge shed behind their house. Tim really wants them to make part of it a basketball court inside. We went in there for dinner to have chili with everyone. Chairs were set up in the shed so that we could watch fireworks from inside. This was a different tradition that I have never done. They send some people out in the field and let off fireworks to let Santa know where they live. Some little kids believe that they are trying to shoot down Santa's sleigh.
That morning Tim and I gave stockings to each other before we went upstairs to see what everyone else got for Christmas.
Please check out the great penguin pj's Tim got for me.
This is all of the good things that we got in our stockings.
Tim got a new laptop for Christmas from his parents and some clothes from my dad. I got a sewing machine. ( Thanks Jewel and Jessica for helping pick it out). I'm really excited to finish some projects and to start some new ones.
It was fun to see all of the toys that the little kids got. We ended the night by skyping with my family and watching The Help that Tim got me in my stocking. It was a great Christmas even though it was away from home, but we will be in Utah next year. The one thing we did miss is snow. We are still waiting for some snow up here.
4 comments:
It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. It was funny running into your Dad at the craft store. :) I'm so excited to see what you are going to make with your New Sewing Machine!
I hope you have a wonderful new year.
Penguin Pj's. Wow, I always thought Tim was smart but now I have evidence! He is brilliant!! Thanks for sharing your fun traditions. They will make the best Christmas memories ever. Love the idea of you starting out your 1st Christmas together in Rockland. And with Fireworks too... You two are so incredible together and even in the pictures you can feel the love you share.
Maybe I can come visit before the blizzards begin. How much faith do you have?
Love and miss you both. Keep that love going "To infinity and beyond"
Great Christmas pictures. I like that firework idea on Christmas eve that is cool and celebrating your first Christmas together is awesome.
Hope that you guys have a great 2012 and we hope to see you more this year maybe even at the lake :)
Hi,
I love seeing your Christmas pics. Can't wait to see your latest sewing projects. Hope all is going well for you guys.
Post a Comment